In the early days of the association, focus centered on community improvement, such as paving the neighborhood's roads, water and sewer improvements, and creating what we treasure today as a rare jewel of a community and neighborhood.
If you would like to become involved or are interested in membership in the Bonita Shores Club, please don't hesitate to email us or call (239) 992-8888. Be sure to read about the benefits of membership, and print an application, by clicking HERE.
- The Bonita Shores clubhouse is also the polling place where this area votes in local, state and national elections.
- The Bonita Shores Association donates annually to multiple Bonita Springs charities, and provides college scholarships for Bonita Shores high school seniors.
- The first house was built in this neighborhood in 1956.
- The original design of the subdivision was to have homes along West Avenue face west with a clear view of Hickory Bay.
- The canals west of West Avenue are man-made, dredged in the 1950's.
- The long "dog leg" on 3rd Street that extends out into Hickory Bay today was man-made from fill dredged from the canals.
- Bonita Shores also has a boater's association with a private boat launch on 3rd Street.
- The Bonita Shores Association Board is composed of all volunteer officers and members. Get involved! Become a member of the Board!